"Oh look! Double trouble!!!" That was the first thing I heard when entering the customs in the US together with my twin sister. I never heard of that sentence. But after hearing it almost every day during our holiday, I feel sorry for all the twins in America ;).
Yes, it's nice to be twins, but it's also really annoying when people don't see the difference. I think all twins can recognize this list of things people always need to say to you and your twin-brother or -sister.
1. Can you guys please stand next to eachother so we can compare you?
NO WE CAN'T!
2. Can one of you write his name on his forehead?
What do you think...
3. Can one of you please cut your hair short?
Yes, just to please you.
4. Are you guys wearing the same clothing?
5. Ah yes I see, you are a bit fatter / thinner.
6. Who is older?
Yes, those 2 minutes really are a big deal.
7. Do you guys like the same boys?
People please!!! We might look like each other on the outside, but we are different on the inside! So we also have a different taste. Because; we are 2 different people.
8. Why are you so arrogant? When I wave to you, you sometimes don't wave back?! Why do you ignore me?
We learned from this, now we always wave to you with a big smile even though we don't recognize you or don't know who you are, but I guess, my twin sister knows you. And yes lady from the grocerystore which I have never seen before, school is going great!
So, sorry for all the people who felt ignored, even though I do not know you..
9. Do you feel pain when your sister is in pain?
10. You guys are totally different!
Well thanks... thats correct, we are two different persons. Not one.
If you are twins, please let me know if you think this is accurate ;).
Follow my blog on Bloglovin